Do you know what I am holding in this picture (okay, I know it is backwards)? A big- ass cup from Cold Stone Creamery. Do you know what was in that cup and has been 3/4 of the way consumed... ICEFUCKINGCREAM. I have not had ice cream since I started my life changes back on September 29th. More than ninety days ice cream free... I was feeling brave, so, I am confessing- WITH PROOF! Now, I am not beating myself up but simply participating in confession. One of my goals is to publicly admit a fuck up- and today was a fuck up. I had a perfectly sane food day and then we went out to eat and I made more sane choices.
Then I uttered these words:
"Do you want to share a dessert?"
That was at the restaurant and somehow we ended up three miles away at Cold Stone ordering ice cream catastrophes. I ate it. It is over. I met a goal (in a weird way- ate bad but confessed and met a goal by doing so).
If you were a priest and I was Catholic and ice cream was a sin there would be penance. Don't feel shy to think of one (!) but I am going to commit to going to the gym tomorrow AND doing one of the kill-a-fatty workout videos at home tomorrow. That would be double the exercise I usually do and a fine way to remember why ice cream is not a part of my life anymore.
Hey. I wanted to tell you guys that I am trying to keep up with reading everyone's good stuff but I am adjusting to incorporating time management back into my life with all of the studying and school I am doing. I promise it will be better and I will catch up with my comments and reflections... Please be patient with me (I know it is not a contract but I like to return the gestures of reading and commenting)!