Monday, February 23, 2009

Poor LuLu! I love Oatmeal!

It is 648AM and I am awake... for the day. It happens like once every couple of months... and early wake up, that is... My poor LuLu (above) tore her front toenail so bad that the bone that connects with the claw is sticking out (HOLYSHITOUCH). My husband and I have to take her to the vet to get it removed/cauterized this morning. We have to do it early, before I go to school- we both have to go to hold her down. She is a 60 lb brick of muscle (no joke, she has visible pipe veins running down her legs and torso) and really, really strong... not mean, but when in pain can kick hard enough to seriously bruise and can easily avoid being held down by one person. Anyway. 

I am eating my morning oatmeal, I eat oatmeal 99% of the time for breakfast... I add: two teaspoons of brown sugar, one teaspoon of butter, two tablespoons of wheat germ(vitamin E!), apples, 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries, and a table spoon of some kind of crushed, raw nut (walnut, pecan, hazelnut). Occasionally I will substitute half of the water with soy milk (secret plant protein addition)... It is my ultimate power breakfast. I never used to feel satisfied with oatmeal, but one of my friend's introduced me to adding nuts and from there I took it into a POWER BREAKFAST! It keeps me satisfied (along with my home made latte) until 1-2PM. 

Today is my ball-busting school day... I may not have time to post until tomorrow. I hope to catch up on some blog reading (because I am forever falling behind)... Have a great day blog friends!