Friday, September 25, 2009

The longest week...good.


Well here ends week one of the longest quarter of school, ever, in my life, yet, now, so far, lala. This is a rather creepy picture of me... click on it if you would like to get the BIG picture.

Here is the schedule:

Leave for school at 830am, get to school fifteen minutes later, and lurk around the campus for parking for not less than a half of an hour. My child development class starts at 930 and lasts fifty minutes.

From 1030am- 225pm jail myself in the Anatomy/Physiology lab- this weeks special= observation, recording, and learning different types of Human tissues. Some of the samples are boring and nondescript (brain drain), and others are facinating (brian fuel). Compact bone tissue is especially beautiful, and unusual. These pictures don't really do it justice, but you kind of get the point.


Anyway. From 230pm-345pm I slave through an algebra class, and after I tromp back to the lab until 530. From 530-730pm I spend two hours in a brain lock learning more information than is humanly possible to retain about the body. I get home at 8pm.

At some point during the day I do a bit of math, and my child development reading. On the weekends I will spend another five hours at school in the lab, and a huge time investment in the world of develpment at home. Just me and a bunch of old men who have great knowledge of develpment.

Unless the information load suddenly lifts I will only be able to make it to the gym on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am not going to beat myself up over it because my grades are going to have to stay my #1 priority. I am going to try to take a "walk break" a couple of times a day where I spend ten minutes or so climbing stairs in the building, or something intense to get my heart rate up.

I am going to have to face a more rigid program with my calories (with health in mind). I have been dependent on exercise, and moderate calorie restriction, but now I am going to have to face the 1500 calorie monster... I know that some of you do it quite naturally- it gives me some anxiety.

I need to get things going steadily in the right direction though. I am not expecting miracles, but I do need to treck along the weight loss path in a more steady fashion.

Obviously the picture was doctored a little bit (?), and I am feeling like I got my brain slapped, or spanked... I am having trouble distributing my calories, and even drinking water, as the labs prohibit food or drinks within the rooms. I know, I know... leave and eat/drink outside... I have just been getting all wrapped up in the excitement (cue fetal pigs dancing around the room). The portions are 17 hours of class time: 35-40 hours of studying (who thinks learning for 55+ hours a weeks is great?!).

Alright. You have now been UPDATED.