Over the last three months I have not felt quite myself, and have experienced a group of events that has left me a bit exhausted. Last week in therapy my shrink informed me that I was experiencing a period of clinical depression... I shun the depressed label so often because before my narcolepsy diagnosis, it was the go-to, default diagnosis doctors went to when they could not figure out what was wrong with me.
The shrink and I traced back the series of events that pushed me into this place, and after some exploration, I agreed with her. So what now?
Since my past experiences with anti-depressants have been less than impressive, I am not sure if I am going to use medicine for this particular occurrence. Now that I am aware of it though, I actually think that I can face it.
My eating has been extremely concentrated in the evening, and excessive at that. Although I am not defining my goals for weight loss, I do not believe in letting the compulsive evening feeding run free because I am not in the right place emotionally to be moderate.
Anyway. I wanted to check in (with myself). I hope to be able to compose a plan over the next few days...