Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Death By Cereal?

There is something about cereal and milk that makes me a little out of control. I have explained my cereal intake in previous posts- before I started working on things it was around three cups a day. I have always had to buy the healthiest kind I can and really avoid the sugary kinds.

Occasionally, I used to buy a box of golden grams and eat the entire box in the course of one day. 

Today I had a BIG struggle with cereal and found myself eating an extra serving after dinner. I usually have a starchy snack a couple of hours after dinner and tonight, along with my sugar craving, I wanted to have a bowl of cereal. No big deal- so I had one. Then another. As I sit here typing this post I want a third bowl.

So, I am making a rule that cereal is for breakfast only.

I know that strict rules around food is a red flag for anorexia and even bulimia but right now I need some rules. In my relationship with food there have been NO RULES. Everything is/was chaotic and structureless. Now I am welcoming rules (in moderation and balance) to help bring in the structure and sanity that I need to accomplish my goals.