Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unconditional, Stinky Love.

I just wanted to give my puppy, Stewie, a little praise and thanks. I have never been around a dog that is more excited to see me every time he sees me. Uhh... What does that mean? It means that if I walk around the corner for a minute and then come back into the room, he is as excited and happy to see me as if it has been ten days since our last meeting. Really, I can be concentrating on something and just glance up and make eye contact with him and it is like I just granted him three wishes (1. hog- tied our cat Spot, for unlimited licking access 2. took the lid off of the food container and threw it away, for easier/ all day long eating 3. never gave him a bath and buried my face in his neck twice a day). 

I feel unconditional love from all of my pets but he is particularly expressive of love, all the time, all day, every minute, in every situation- you get the point. There is one strange thing about him and that is he is the MUTHERFUCKINGSTINKIESTFOULROTTEN smelling dog. EVER. I cannot even explain it. He doesn't even smell like dog. It is like a unwashed ferret combined with an after working out for nine hours straight combined with the smell of farts and something else I can't identify (maybe old, rotten, fried chicken). I wish I could share his smell with you in a scratch and sniff kind of way. It is almost a novelty or a circus freak show... Presenting, STEWIE! The smelliest dog in the universe! Come on in our tent and take a whiff! You will never be the same! 

I have to say that I am thankful for him no matter how he smells because the love that comes from him is incomparable. Never a bad mood and always there for comfort and love and laughs... I repeat- His ears are naturally erect. No gimmicks.