Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weight Loss Update. Progress.

I didn't update my weekly progress yesterday because we are having a bit of a family emergency and I had to get my husband out of town to go see his father. His father has serious cancer and is sick and suffering from his chemo treatments. He has tumors (that we know of) in his lungs, liver, bowels and chest. He has also recently developed bronchitis and a port infection (where they deliver the chemotherapy). He started getting really dizzy after his last chemo treatment, two weeks ago, and on Sunday night fell and broke his hip. It is not just an average hip break, it is terrible and life threatening. Obviously, my husband had to go down and help with the situation. 

As far as my weight goes... I lost a pound. I am not going to go into the various battles I am having with losing a pound (I will in the next couple of posts)- I am just going to keep going. It is times like these in the past that I have given up and driven back up the road of bingeing and gained even more weight than I lost back.

I am pretty sure that my weight loss will catch back up with me in the next week or two. I am still working hard on my balanced eating and food relationships. I have also been working on fruits and vegetables... you just can't assume that your body will lose all of the weight you expect it to all of the time. I also cannot put the expectation that I will lose the exact amount of weight I think I should, in precise, neat increments. Patience...