Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Weight Loss Update From Lewiston, Idaho

I am in Lewiston, Idaho... at my in-laws and in my least favorite place on earth, Lewiston that is, not my in-laws house. I hope I don't offend anyone but it is a shithole! All I can see are brown hills and all I can smell is the rotten-ass paper mill. Blah!



On a different subject... I lost three pounds this week. I am very satisfied with my overall progress. I have had some nights of pizza because of guests or being away from home but I have eaten it moderately (for me) with a limit of three pieces. I feel like I could have made a fuss over the content but decided not to because I am trying to learn how to eat in all situations, not just within the safety of my own home.



The frustration I am having being at my in-law's house is that the standards of healthy eating include: apples, lemons and ice burg lettuce salads. It is hard because I don't have a lot of access to vegetables and would really like to keep it up. I think I am going to make a trip down to the grocery store to get some... FROZEN GREEN BEANS! I know, surprise! I have never eaten those before! I just feel like getting some will enable me to add them to the meals we are eating and I will be able to leave them behind without having to worry about them going bad in someone else's fridge and maybe the family will eat more of them if they are available.



I will try to post again- it kind of keeps me sane in an environment I have no control over. I will be home Friday but tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are including a family in the neighborhood that I find kind of insane and aggravating and I may want to eat my irritation away. I am trying to keep ahead of the coping mechanism- we will see!