We spent Thanksgiving in Lewiston, Idaho, with my husband's family. We ended up being duped into eating with some of the in-law's insane neighbors. They are terrible, pushy assholes and we had shit food and worse company. I actually ate very little because the food was so gross. We brought the turkey and an amazing salad and that is all I ate because the insane neighbors cook like they have no taste buds and no sense.
On our way back from Lewiston, my husband and I bitched and moaned and got pretty worked up about how terrible the day had turned out and how un-Thanksgiving everything was. When we got home we ordered pizza and I went out and got drinks and dessert. Not good. Why? I got sick as hell again, just like I did on the Day-After-Halloween-Party. It was a combination of really unhealthy food and sugar and it made me sick. All morning I was indisposed and by the time I felt better I was so grumpy that I just piled some more shit on my plate.
Thankfully, tonight I felt the looming terror of another day of sickness and cleaned things up with a large dose of green veggies. I cannot believe how intolerant my body is to junk food now! It is really a shock because I have eaten SO BAD for SO LONG and now after two months of extra healthy eating I am almost allergic to it. I need to keep that in mind because it really sucks to celebrate the holiday and eating whatever and then having some kind of system explosion. It is making my holiday memories blurred by flashes of (sorry, I know, TMI) sitting on the crapper, staring at the wall and being in terrible pain.
Christmas is less than a month away and I need to make sure that I really rein myself in so I don't do this again. I loved the turkey and salad thing and maybe we can have a super-duper turkey and an amazing salad with some fresh bread and call it a day. Something has to change.