I was laughing at the news this morning when they were featuring the snowstorms in the pacific northwest and were telling all of the tales of terror from Seattle and Portland. Poor Spokompton (or Spokane, if you prefer) already got hit last week and they don't even care to report on it! Yeah- we are getting that storm that Seattle got yesterday but we already have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground!
My sore body is just getting worse. My husband let me use the big girl shovel today (I had to use the little one the other day that is for light use :( and it was NOT used lightly) and I have a new set of sore muscles. We only did about ninety minutes of shoveling today, since we had such a good start from our shoveling binge on Friday.
I am having a rough food day. My husband went and picked up a few take and bake pizzas (thanks) and even though he got me a thin crust one (with half the calories) I still ate about a 900 calories worth of it (5 pieces/180 calories each). It tasted really good. Granted it was a lunch and dinner combo (we were shoveling during the lunch hour) and will probably not cause me any harm if I keep it as just my lunch and dinner combo- I am just frustrated because pizza kind of triggers some cravings. Large amounts of melty, tasty cheese makes me want to eat more. I am going to have to make a no pizza rule because I just can't make peace with it and moderate it. It is one of the only things I cannot chill out on. Oh, ice cream too- I just don't even bother touching the stuff because it only ends in misery.
So, to keep the day from going to shit, I am going to vow to eat a snack of steamed broccoli later when I get hungry and keep it JUST AT STEAMED BROCCOLI. I will end my day on a good note if I can keep it there (less than 2,000 calories).
I just had a pity party moment. I think I am going to get over it in just a few minutes. I am pretty fed up with being stuck at home. Boofuckingwhooooooooooooo!
P.S. Just a quick promotion. A very dear friend of mine has started a blog. He has struggled with his own set of issues around weight for a long time and I am really intrigued to hear his journey in recovery and thought you might want to read along. He is still in his first week...