Anyway. I bought a bunch of veggies to eat with my Tasty Dip (recipe follows) and found some taquitos that only have 45 calories each (they are just white chicken with corn tortilla instead of flour AND THEY ARE BAKED). I have been eating about two cups of grape tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, carrots and snap peas along side. I have been enjoying about five taquitos and dip both the veggies and the taquitos in the Tasty Dip. The dip has about 25 calories/2 tbsp and so I have been having about 1/2 cup (8 tbsp/ 100 calories).
I don't count calories religiously but I do like to kind of know what I am eating in a meal. I also don't count veggies as calories at all (unless they are starchy: corn, potatoes, squash. I do know that there are plenty out there who do count calories so here is the meal breakdown...
5 taquitos -225 calories (protien/fat) BAKED NOT FRIED!
2-3 cups raw veggies (vitamins, fiber)
1/2 cup of Tasty Dip- 100 calories (calcium, protien)
325 calories and very satisfying!
One thing I have to anticipate is snacking at night, after dinner. I try to keep my meals moderate so I can enjoy a snack without the torment that comes with knowing I am eating over my "limit".
Just wanted to share- and here is the Tasty Dip...
Tasty Dip
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1/3 fresh jalepenjo diced (more if you like it HOT) seeds removed
1/2 cup of salsa verde (the green stuff)
16 oz container of fat free sour cream
1 pack of Hidden Valley Ranch DIP Powder
1/4 tsp of pepper
Combine cilantro, jalepenjo and salsa in a food processor. Blend until everything is finely processed. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and add and stir green mixture in two tablespoons at a time (so you can control the heat if you are sensitive).
This is REALLY FUCKING TASTY!