So... the big news... I lost FOUR pounds this week! I needed this! I stepped on and it read 313 and I stepped on a second time and it still read 313 and then I double checked on my other scale (yes, I have scale issues) and it also read 313! I wanted to make a list of what I did right this week, so I can look back in the future and see what worked...
- Seriously concentrated on my water intake. I didn't go really high but I consistently drank 60- 70 ounces a day. I usually am up and down-- 40 one day and 100 the next. This worked a little better and I kept the headaches from dehydration at bay. I also didn't wake up once this week with tight rings from water retention.
- I made new February goals which included a goal of 1800 calories for five days of the week and the guideline of using moderation on Mon/Wed when I don't. I seem to need the structure of calorie counting right now, so I am going with it. Mon/Wed are my marathon days for classes- I wanted to give myself a break. It is funny because I counted calories anyway yesterday and ended up at 1900 and I even had tasty peanut butter cups...
- I have been tracking the vitamin content of my food and found that I am really short on vitamin A and E and so I have bought a huge bag of carrots and some orange bell peppers. I also am typically short on vitamin C so the bell peppers have put that in balance.
- I have been eating chocolate almost every day. I love chocolate. PERIOD. I bought some and put it into my daily food plan and that is the end of it. I am happy and don't have the serious cravings for sugar because I am allowing it and working it into my day. (disclaimer: this is working for me this week but might change in the future)
Now it is time to say that I am proud of myself and I have a huge boost of motivation. Before I weighed in today I noted that for the last couple of days my pants have been feeling like they are going to fall off. Every single pair... that alone has helped and verified my progress.
That is it for now. I hope I will have time later to have some deep thoughts and reflections... HA!