Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am sitting here...

Having a blank moment, writer's block... and I wanted to check in. I had a kick ass session at the gym yesterday and today, with the perfect balance of cardio, with a nice dose of arms, back and stomach (I am diligently working on improving my posture). I am a tad bit sore all over today, but especially in my back. I have a heating pad draped on the back of our computer chair to give me  some relief as I write my paper (that is never ending). 

I have terrible posture. It started because of swimming when I was younger. When I started weight-training and double workouts shortly after my tenth birthday, the focus was not balanced and I ended up over developing my pectoral area and pulling my shoulders forward. By the time I was thirteen I had a full hunch and a tired set of shoulders. Through the transition from swimmer to obese I never had time to correct it. From a combination of shame over my body and the heaviness of the weight of my stomach the slump never changed. I am worried that it cannot be corrected before I get rid of the excess weight because I feel like it may get to a point where it hurts too much to exercise and I need to exercise to lose weight. I am hoping that I can start work now my back, arms and "core" will at least be stronger...

Anyway. I am in the middle of a huge stack of brussel sprouts and broccoli- chew, chew chew! My husband ate some pretty terrible meaty food today when he went out and so I fixed an ass load of veggies for him (an me). Ha!            Missed you honey... here are your vegetables!

I am gearing up for the last two weeks of the quarter with papers, studying, bullshit, more bullshit, and a couple of speeches... I am going to have to work on not snacking on the tasty tidbits of sugar and salt that seem to go along with schoolwork... I will be back tomorrow (briefly) to update on my weight... goodnight! 

P.S. WHERE DID THAT MUTHERFUCKING HOUR GO? I HATE THE "SPRING FORWARD"!!