So after my monster binge on Friday night and a rough Saturday morning... I recovered pretty quickly. In fact- the fastest ever. I mentioned briefly that I was taking care of myself yesterday, but after I blogged I blew that into a new zone... I drank 130 ounces of water yesterday and feel much better about my water retention. I went to the gym and did a double workout... twice as much time as I usually do. I wanted to get out all of the tension and shame over my binge. I didn't go crazy with intensity and really paced myself so I could make it. I felt so good about dealing with my emotions with exercise afterwards. After the gym I cleaned up our bedroom and took some time to do some things that would make me feel better (like manicuring my feet). I also decided to leave the textbooks in my school bag and just relax. I caught up on some blogs (I am halfway through my never ending list) and watched the movie Smart People. I made an amazing dinner and focused on content verses calories, I needed a calorie break. Black beans, tomatoes and chicken... it was really filling and helped me get through my night eating. I did eat a peanut butter apple around 10pm because I started to feel hungry but it was a controlled choice and I felt really good about it. I went to bed and slept about eight hours- I feel so much better today. I have been catching up on some school work and I am about to eat lunch.... I am going to the gym later (after the food digests) and hope that I will catch up on all of the studying I need to.
I just want to make sure I can get back to feeling centered before this week starts. I have an intense week of school ahead and need to be able to be clear and concise in the time I have and how I distribute it.
Thanks for taking the time to read yesterday's rather long post. I am working on catching up with all of you!