Sunday, March 29, 2009
Round of Applause... to Target!
Applause needed! I just was in Target, and it seems that they have brought in a new clothes line for plus size women! It is not perfect, but an improvement! If you have been fat long enough you know that way back in the late 90's they used to have a nice selection of plus sized clothes... then around 2001-ish, yanked about 60% of it away! BOO! Anyway. It is not a huge selection, it is still sized a little weird, but certainly it is a whole lot more stylish- I tried a few things on and didn't like how any of it fit me, but I only tried on three things. It is kind of the "boho" look. I am extremely sensitive about my upper arms (and stomach, and calves, and, and, and), and do not wear anything that is shorter than a conservative T-shirt length. The clothes they have are a bit short in the arms for me... BUT if you are not as crazy/paranoid/sensitive about your arms as I am... you might be in heaven. Anyway. I have to give credit where it is due because I would love to see more clothing companies try a little harder so every fat woman is not dressed the same, and feels a little more validated!