Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hiking!

Today was amazing. My husband has Sun/Mon off, and we woke up to the sun blasting through our window shade... ideas for the day? You bet! I have wanted to start hiking because it is great exercise (the kind of hiking that includes incline). Yeah... Also our dogs need TONS of exercise or they destroy everything they can get their teeth on. So I harassed my husband into loading the dogs into the car, and we went! I was so excited to get outside (not without my spf 70 face lotion though), and enjoy the fresh air. Spokane county is in a valley and the air quality gets a little gross at various times of the year, and spring is here (MUTHERFUCKINGALLERGIES).

Uh... did I forget about my recovering blister? Yes. More about that later.

We ended up on a trail that wound uphill, maybe about 1500 ft of elevation in the hike. The entire hike was uphill until we turned around and retraced our steps back downhill. Amazingly the uphill was just aerobically challenging, but I thought I might die on the way back down-joints, muscles, muscles I didn't know I had, tendons, dogs pulling me downhill fast... We saw some amazing, grand mountain peaks, and smelled the fresh air- only tainted by the pine trees and waterfalls. The dogs had never been on a hike before, and never into an actual woodsy situation. There were a couple of slips off the sides of the trails by them that could have had disastrous results. Neither had any clue that they were NOT mountain goats.

Anyway. Wonderful day. We stopped by a shitty sandwich shop on the way back and ate- I couldn't finish my average sized sub. We came home and opened all of our windows (it was warm for us in the high 50's), and attempted to take a nap. I grilled chicken and steamed some green beans; I really just wanted a quick and easy dinner.

A terrific day. Just what I needed before I face the classrooms I will spend the next ten weeks in. OH! I have rested the blister for the last few days. It was looking as if the loose skin had been absorbed back into my foot... well today I found that it is not, and I have a huge, loose, empty blister sack on the bottom of my foot now (did you just throw up... cause I gave you TMI!).

So tomorrow I will be MIA. I have to go and deal with my first day of school, go to our couple's therapy, and then my husband is taking me out for my birthday dinner (one day early, but he is working late on the 7th). I am going to enjoy what I want, but make sure that I don't stuff myself. Not only do I not want to gain birthday weight... but I would like to try for some birthday action after a romantic dinner... hahahahhheeehehehe!