Okay. So I have gotten blisters before... but today I was extra motivated at the gym, and something bad happened. I jumped on the treadmill, and committed to an hour. I have been working on "committing" to myself (getting rid of excuses), and also learning to have faith in what I decide to do- AND FOLLOWING THROUGH! Anyway. I told myself sixty minutes on the treadmill and ten on the elliptical- towards fifty minutes on the treadmill I started to get a burning, fire sensation in my foot. I told myself there was just something in my shoe, and that it was no big deal... I finished the sixty minutes, and as soon as I got off, checked my shoe... nothing there! I knew that the pain was sending me a message and decided to be satisfied with the treadmill.
As I drove home the pain continued to get worse, and worse... and by the time I got home, I could barely walk. I got in the house, and sat on my bed, took my shoes off... and there was the problem. FUCKINGMONSTERBLISTERONTHEBOTTOMOFMYFOOT. Literally the entire ball of my foot where I bear my weight, is a blister, and it extends down the side of my foot another two inches. Then I just couldn't stop myself from crying. I boowho'd for a while- mostly because I was frustrated, and feeling like I just suffered a major setback. I kind of did... I drained my blister (I was instructed that because it covers a weight bearing area to drain it but leave the skin on to protect the skin) and have been keeping off of it today. Hopefully it will chill out enough that I can walk on it tomorrow. I cannot do much right now! It takes up about 1/2 of my foot (and I wear size 11!)-
So I am done with the blister story. It was kind of random that I got it when I have been working out for almost six months. I need new shoes obviously.
I had therapy again today. More soul twisting- I am taking advantage of spring break and going a couple of extra times. My husband and I had a pretty good talk today... really not much else going on... I am watching the marathon on Bravo of Project Runway... last season. We took about six months off last year from cable, and so I missed it. I can't do much on the foot, so great excuse to watch the entire season today! Ha!