Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Product Review... and a little give-away!



I was contacted by a company called Nuru to do a product review for a little tool that is called Exercise Anywhere. It is a tiny deck of "cards" (above compared to a post-it notepad) that has that has exercises to work all of the major muscle groups, some tips and information, and a cardio plan. The interesting thing about it is that everything can be done outside of a gym, and without any exercise equipment. For arm exercises it directs you to grab two water bottles, cans, or same weight objects (bricks? ha!ha!). Anyway. The point of this little booklet is that you don't need a gym to workout! 

I was pondering this item... thinking about its usefulness- if or when I would use it, if it was worth the money($9.99)... I decided...

1. It would be a great thing to have while traveling- you could do EVERYTHING right in your hotel room (wouldn't even have to brave a hotel gym, if there is one).

2. For those of us who take advantage of TV time to get in some activity, it would be great to go through the exercises. You could even decide to do five a show... something like that. 

3. You could find everything on the internet that is on these cards. Interesting. BUT it kind of streamlines the information, simplifies it, and makes it a routine you could follow. 

4. It would be great to have if you don't have a gym membership and didn't want to do the research/decision making/planning yourself for an at home routine. 

5. The instructions are easy and there are drawings to show what it should look like. 

I think the company that is making these is pretty interesting. It is a newer company that seems to be producing items that make life easier and more streamlined. This is the first exercise/nutrition product (they have personal finance, golf, auto, emergency/first aid), and I would be interested in seeing more in that area, since this was such a simple but smart product. 

ANYWAY. I have two others to give away... I will mail them to you. Since they are so small I won't limit who I mail them to by location. If you are interested, please comment and I will draw two names Saturday, 8PM. I will let everyone know who won on Sunday, and get information after that for mailing. OKAY!