The use of the Body Bugg is in it's sixth week... and I literally have lost three pounds a week for all five of my weigh ins. I have never had such consistent weight loss! Yay! I can deal with three pounds a week, or even two pounds a week.
Since having the Body Bugg I thought a lot about this...
Nothing/Nobody can keep us from putting calories in our mouths. No device, diet, program, surgery... Moderate consumption can only be controlled by ME! I have people in my life who have done everything and anything to have external controls- Until they did it for themselves, nothing worked (or still has not). Now, don't get me wrong... external things- like the Body Bugg, can HELP AS A TOOL, but it is only a tool. A hammer never built a house by itself...
Every day that I eat more than I planned I have to accept that I was in control the whole time, and also could have stopped at any point. I used to think (or tell myself) that I was out of control, but actually I was using food to control my emotions. Emotions can be overwhelming. I read of drastically overweight people saying that they don't/didn't binge... or that food is not related to emotional regulation for them... I have a hard time believing that. A year ago I spent nine weeks in Seattle at a binge eating program- I met every kind of obese/fat person, and not a single one didn't have deep issues that needed to be addressed. No one is/was accidentally fat.
Now onto less serious stuff! My husband and I took an early walk today with the dogs... and I have not cracked a textbook open yet! I have been studying for forty-seven days straight! I was planning on jumping all over my studying for my three day weekend, but when I was relaxing after our walk, I realized that I had been ultra-focused for almost seven weeks, and maybe I just needed a break. Just for today, I AM NOT GOING TO STUDY! I am already starting to feel refreshed, and I feel like I might get a boost from taking a day off. HA!
Blah. I do have to go and see the new Terminator movie with my husband tonight. I am a Christian Bale fan... but there is something tainted about the Terminator movies for me (thanks Arnold).