Friday, June 5, 2009

Hot Tamales... in water.

With my mouth tingling... and the box feeling lighter and lighter with every passing minute... I knew it was time to DROWN MY HOT TAMALES. I am not really into destroying food (like dumping a pepper shaker onto a tasty burger, but I have heard of it working. I have also heard of it being necessary in some cases, like if someone just tossed the box into the trash- they might be tempted to get it out later. Anyway. I was seeing the 660 calorie total for the entire box becoming part of my future, and so I dumped the rest into a bowl, and poured water in it. Have you ever seen wet hot tamales?? Not so tasty. 

Besides those deep thoughts... and let me tell you that this technique worked well for me this time... I had a decent day. I did some more cleaning this morning before school. I am pretty happy that I did- now I have a clean living room, kitchen, and stairwell into the basement (although the basement is a different story). 

I had my second session of physical therapy today. I feel a little better coming out of it this time. Last Monday, after my first session, I had doubts about what had been done to my body. I guess he kind of has to break things down before he can fix them. 

I can hear thunder and lightening off in the distance... it is starting to rain. Rain is a rare treat around here in the summer, and thunder and lightening is even better! I am hoping to get a serious amount of walking in over the next two days- and of course the never ending studying! I have five more real days of class, in which I will take four tests- then two of my three classes have a monster final the week after. Almost done!