Monday, June 15, 2009

Problems with a changing spouse.

The husband and I have been having issues for some time now. Actually, exactly since I started losing weight. I have talked about this before, but this is really hard to talk about- since my husband was so good when I was so bad off.

He was. He was the perfect supporter of my angst. He said he loved me in spite of my growing body, and that he was attracted to me anyway. It is not that he would not say this now, but he is drifting away from me slowly. I have been fighting the good battle to keep him near and dear- with therapy... I don't know that he likes the new, productive me. Me with goals, and a life. If he was asked he would say he is really excited for me, blah, blah. Not so much.

Every recovery oriented bit of information identifies the family as enablers, and even involved in the addiction (eating disorder, lifestyle). It is also a widely understood concept that spouses (partners, whatever) don't always find the other's new life easy to deal with. Changing, growing, discovering, newfound freedom...

Huge issues right now. I think it is important to expose this because not too many people talk about it. Mostly just of how their significant other is supporting them... well, mine is not. Our sex life has all but died...

I am feeling a little boofuckingwho today- can you tell?? I am just having a rough time with the husband, and wanted to share.

I am not eating over it though. So there!