Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laying on the floor in the dark.

Yesterday was a killer...

I found myself laying on the floor in the dark for a couple of hours, alternating between crying, stretching, trying to relax, and cursing my body. My neck pain (caused by? possibly my back, possibly studying) triggers migraines. Usually when I take my migraine medicine the whole thing is taken care of within a couple of hours. Yesterday was a new day. I could not get rid of the pain, and therefore the migraine flashed on and off over the hours. Things were not good.

I had to go to Walgreens to fill a prescription, which caused me a lot of anxiety because in the past I have bought bingefoodgalore there, and last night I was really nervous that I would buy tons of shit while I was waiting for a prescription. I DID NOT, and it actually gave me a little bit of relief from my day of angst.

The other worry was that I would kill my calorie budget, and I DID NOT... a bit more than my goal but only a couple hundred above my usual average. I guess those two little victories helped me get through the night. I am going to stretch my back this morning, and hopefully I will get ahead of the problem. I am also going to call my doctor so I can get in, and get this shit taken care of- it is only getting worse.

Don't worry... I will be okay. It is just frustrating because I am losing weight to feel better, but recently have been hit by this back/neck/migraine catastrophe. It is disabling which is hard for me because I like to do stuff, and participate in life.

Anyway. I didn't eat over this yesterday, and the pain peaked around 8PM during my troubled food hours. I am pretty proud of myself in this area.