Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pain, grapes, and more husband updates.

This last week has been unusual... In my own emotional work things have been great. My body gave me a bit of a hard time- with a 2.5 day migraine. When I came out of it and went back to the gym, after three days, it was like I had a migraine in my hips. I could barely even stand to workout! It was so strange; it felt worse than my first day working out at 365 pounds. That was Thursday, and yesterday I just took the dogs for a walk. Today I went back to the gym, and took it "easy" to see if I could work out the pain. After thirty minutes at a slower speed, but still a killer incline, I felt as if my hips had kind of smoothed out some, and then I spent another twenty minutes on the stairclimbingdeathstar... I think I just need to take it slower for a couple of days.

Last Saturday the husband told me he was ready to pursue his desire to get a certain Federal job, and that it would require him to get into "shape"... it was kind of out of the blue. In the last two years his dreams of this job have kind of quieted. He told me he was committed to eating just the food that I bring into the house and cook, and that he needed some guidance in getting back into the gym. Hmmm... I wanted to run around the house screaming for joy, but instead I remained calm. He asked for me to help push him when he was feeling shitty/angry after work in the future because he doesn't always feel like participating in life after getting through those days. So I set up an eight week plan for him to lose some weight, and get his body to start working again. I think it has been about three years since he did anything active. He has about fifty pounds to lose, but he has lost a ton of muscle mass due to his declining participation in anything besides work, and coming home to recover from work. I hope that after the first eight weeks he will see changes in his body that will help motivate him. We broke it down in to 8 week cycles... He has to go from nothing to being able to run 4-5 miles in the next year. I don't think that it will be too bad, if he can get through this first period. I may have a lot of energy to help him out right now, but after the summer is over he is going to have to take FULL ownership of his program because I have a MUTHERFUCKINGSHITSPASTIC full load this fall quarter. He worked out five of the last six days, and eaten very well- I am very impressed. We will have to see where this goes as time passes.

OH! Grapes. To make sure you stay full of TMI moments (the last was ripping off the tops of my blisters with moleskin)... I have an obsession with green grapes, but only top of the line, superduper tasty, sweet firm- THE BEST. I found them yesterday. AND I ATE FIVE CUPS OF THEM. Besides overeating there were severe consequences today... there is only about one gram of fiber per 1/2 cup, but something about the whole eight grams of extra fiber, plus whatever else makes grape what they are... no good. A word of advice? If something is not moving properly- forget beans, prunes, fiberone bars, laxatives... just eat four cups of grapes! TADA!