Thursday, July 16, 2009

The first night of my new mantra...

WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IF I GET HUNGRY TONIGHT??

1. I might feel some anxiety. Maybe a lot because I am trying to face it.

2. I might stay at 1650 calories for the day (and that would be amazing).

3. I might be extra hungry at 3 or 4AM when I wake up, and it will be hard not to eat.

That is about it. Not that scary when you break it down into simple terms. A couple of weeks ago I made dinner early and ate at like 530PM, and I didn't have much trouble at night. I kind of forgot about it, but I remembered and tried that out today. It is working so far, and it is already 10:19... (almost time for Jon Stewart/Colbert Report)!

So I am going to make until bedtime, and I think I will probably face my demons in the AM... I will be fine- there is a level of excitement with finally really working on this nighttime bullshit. It is kind of the final frontier that is causing me weight loss holdups. Not that I am complaining about 80 pounds in ten months, but I have a lot more to lose.

Okay. I hope your sleep goes well (or is going well for you east coastians)!!