After the longest ten days... it seems that my fighting may have payed off. We might (I am stressing MIGHT) have reached a family agreement.
Yesterday was officially the longest day of my entire life. Along with the stress of this situation we have hit a wall with finding a place that will rent to us- You know TWO PITBULLS= DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. I understand there are some biases in the world about pitbulls (they aren't even REAL ones by the way, they are mixes), and I cannot change that, but it sucks when an entire city, no county seems to be against you. It seems that it is bad enough with one pitbull, and that two- well you might as well ask to rent with the understanding that you have a active dog fighting business. Again. I understand the issue... it just sucks that it seems that there are not even exceptions.
We rescued these two, and now it seems that they need rescuing themselves. If we can get this place sold we will have to rent for about a year. I have two dogs with manageable behavior issues, but they cannot just go to anyone. They need to go to separate homes with people who can deal with those issues. One cannot live with cats, and the other cannot live with other dogs- they both have to go into the calmest possible environment (aka: someone who can provide an emotionally calm home). They both also need at least an hour of hard exercise a day- that makes things more manageable. It is funny because in learning to care for these two, their exercise needs have helped with my weight loss.
So I spent the entire day looking for rentals, and dealing with the family sale of the house. I cried my way through most of it. The light at the end of the tunnel came this morning when the inlaws finally gave a little bit, and progress towards the sale seems possible.
I also set some boundaries around the amount of work I was going to put in, and also some ultimatums to the family and my husband about what was going to happen if there was any more DONKEYFUCKING around this situation. It felt so good to take some of the power back. I may have to sweat, bleed, and work, but if there is any bullshit about what is going to happen to this place- the husband and I are OUT. DONE. BYE BYE. WORKTHISSHITYOURSELVES. FREE AND CLEAR.
I did not go back to the gym yesterday, but in about fourty-five minutes I am going to return to my desired exercise routine. I went to the chiropractor this morning, and this afternoon I am going by myself to see a movie. I am taking care of the bills (eek), my medical stuff, and then I am retreating to a dark movie theater to escape the heat (random 100 degree weather? it should be 70 degrees right now). Today is about ME!! I am taking some raw walnuts and raisins to snack on... and NOT cooking dinner tonight. So there.