Well I am just a ball of fun today. Readers beware... This is not going to end on one of my empowering, go-get-um notes.
The day started with my final exam. It went well. Blah. Done for four weeks.
Went to the doctor. Hurt the Achilles Tendon and Bursa sack... kind of where the tendon joins the heel bone- won't bore you (or me) with technical stuff. Thank god my shit was not fractured. I have to stay off the treadmill and the deathstar-stairmachine for the next two weeks because it puts the tendon in the same position it was in when the beam struck it like a meat club. Recommended elliptical and more swimming. In two weeks I go to get the go ahead if the swelling is down. The stiffness is only to be attended to by stretching off my feet- I have a few specific ones that he gave me. I have a pretty fucking funny doctor who gave me a visual of striking a sinewy piece of meat with a tenderizing hammer as hard as I could, once. Damage. Anyway. The bruise is exactly four inches in length, and you can almost see the outline of the 2x4... it is kind of weird actually. When I am not as grumphuckity I will download the picture.
Achilles tendon injuries fucking hurt.
After the doctor's visit I got the early signs of a migraine approaching and found myself out of commission for the afternoon. It is fucking hot again. It seems that the heat is part of the trigger for my migraines. I get them no matter what, but the escalate when it is hot. It is strange because I grew up in Southern California and Florida- didn't have problems then. There is obviously an underlying trigger, but it sucks to be so sensitive to the heat. Probably should move to Canada... Karen??!
So I am grumpy, lumpy in the back of the heel... and generally not feeling so chipper today. I usually have a post-final exam let down too- kind of a combination of a bunch of stuff.
I know I will be feeling better tomorrow, and all will be back to average (that was not as angry of an ending as I was planning, damn it).