Sunday, August 2, 2009

Take a minute to read my interview on...


When Michelle emailed me to do this I actually struggled with the label of "Former Fat Girl"...
I was immediately concerned of the label because still have weight to lose. After tumbling it around in my mind for a few days I realized that I have done so well, and that I have a new kind of lifestyle... a thinner kind of lifestyle, and one that is moving me towards my hopes and dreams. So I ended up being honored by Michelle's request instead of self- conscious.

It is funny how we want to change, and work on changing, but our minds are the biggest hurdle. The thought of already being successful in weight loss is hard for me to wrap my mind around. When I take a moment to be calm, and sane... I realize that once I had gotten over 300 pounds my hopelessness over losing the weight plunged into a level of despair that I never knew I could reach. When I began to fight those feelings last September- it was like pulling out my own teeth (and often still is), but I feel like I understand what needs to be done, and that I will never go back.

Anyway. Thank you for the honor Michelle... and I hope you all will take a few minutes and read the interview!