Sunday, November 15, 2009

Light in the darkness, bye bye doggies.


If there is anything to be said about today... it is that I may have a small amount of light shinning through the darkness I felt yesterday. Although many of you recognize the default of perfectionism in my life, sometimes it is the only control I feel like I have.

Over that past few posts I have been wanting to start getting my eating tuned into my current lifestyle, which is without activity. I want to add a walk in the morning, but I don't have time to make it anything beside a simple refreshing walk. It is eight-ish, and I am holding steady at 1460 calories for the day. I have had some kind of stronghold around the 1500 calorie mark, and I want to count calories again for just a while to see how I need to eat to keep it in the ballpark.

I had a long day of paper writing, and dealing with my husband being off work. I learned more than I wanted to in Child Development this week- I am feeling a little bit weepy over the prospects of my husband ever turning the leaf that I need him to. He triggers my issues, and I don't know if it is possible for him to change being that change comes from want. I don't really know where to go from here with these thoughts swirling around in my mind, but I am determined to always (attempt) to practice patience.

Tomorrow is a sad day for me in that we are giving up our dogs for adoption. They are spending about ten hours a day locked in their crates, and it is not appropriate for them to have to live that kind of life. They are not getting any exercise, and kind of having mood-swing behavior. This subject kind of makes me want to tear my hair out, and run around yelling, but it has to be done. I know they are miserable, and I want them to be able to have a chance at running around in a yard, and acting foolish. With me they are exposed to rather high spikes in anxiety, and with my husband, a dismissive attitude towards their happiness.

All I can do today, and tomorrow is take care of myself. I want to wake up and go for a walk- enjoying the fresh air and movement of my body. I want to eat what I have planned out, and try to keep myself composed when I feel hungry tomorrow night. I want to do the best I can with school tomorrow, and not get too down on myself if I don't perform at 110%.