Friday, February 5, 2010

Today is that kind of day...

First rule. The word SORRY will not be in my comments. I am hoping to not offend you all, but I don't relate to "So sorry for you" or any association with SORRY and my health. If you kick my cat you can say sorry. If you are late for lunch with me... sorry will be appropriate. NO SORRY IN THE COMMENTS!! So I challenge you all to write other words (my blog).

Today has been rather crappy. Umm... no way to put it but Melanoma and one hell of a flank steak cut out of my back. Without eloquence here is the procedure:

The shape of the excision would be like a 3.5 x 1.5 inch almond. If you draw that it is pretty fucking huge, and the diameter of the 1.5 inch core was cut down to remove everything but the muscle. Cauterized, stitched inside twice, and then a gnarly outside stitch-up. It ends up being a 3.5 inch long wound... and is inside where my back has made a divot because the flesh is gone. Eventually the whole thing should work itself out. Two weeks, no lifting. No shower until Sunday.

And I am in a lot of fucking pain.

And I have not talked to my best friend in the whole world to tell her of this- so I am sorry I didn't call you first Pam!

I will have the results of the second run of pathology on February 19th- this one will tell me if it has metastasized... the doctor was very confident that it has not gone deep enough to yield that result. So I will be okay until then.

It is really late right now, and I have had a rather emotional night. I am REALLY FUCKING UNCOMFORTABLE, and in pain.

(no sorry's)