Monday, October 6, 2008

Damn You, Target!

Damn You, Target! I can't just go into your store to pick up a few things. No, I have to walk up and down all of your isles, lusting over everything- purple coat hangers with matching purple clothes hampers and cute slippers for fall. Damn You! I used to get a rumble in my stomach for all of the goodies those last eight isles held; first came the candy then the chips, on to soda and then snacks. You are a nightmare to me now! As I quickly pass by those tasty isles, I try not to look- BUT THERE! Out of the corner of my eye- ranch flavored chips on sale! How will I survive?!

I used to go there and pick up a few things (toilet paper) and always end up with some sugary, mouthwatering snacks. Target isn't the only store... It is funny, where someone can fall so hard. I never left there without something to eat (its not like they have fresh fruit) that was full of terror. 

I was at Target today picking up some candles that were on sale and got a huge urge to pick up the usual (candy, chocolate, chips...). I didn't, of course- but let me tell you it wasn't easy to pass up. I talked myself through those isles with motivational phrases like: "It is not worth it!" and "You have come to far to do this!" and even "Fuck You Target Food!". Well, the last one was when I made it all the way to the check out, thought I was in the clear and ran straight into THE CANDY SHELF. You know what I am talking about... The Last Temptation of The Dieter- the candy racking placed on your right side in the checkout lanes of almost every store known to man? It is never more than an arm's reach away. 

I had a good trip to Target. I have been avoiding it for the last week, but I decided to face up to my challenges in the real world this week because I cannot hide in my house forever.