Monday, October 6, 2008

My first week. Update.

My first week was a huge success. I accomplished so much and I am very proud of myself. I guess that is what is most important. I feel like I got somewhere and have been building a foundation for my weight loss. 

Accomplishments Include (9/29/08-10/6/08)
1. One week free of dairy, sugar and white flour. 
2. I did not cheat. 
3. I had no guilt over any choices I made with food. 
4. I exercised four times (I am just doing thirty to thirty-five minutes of cardio, more to come in the future, including strength training).
5. I lost TEN pounds. 
6. My husband participated in the food portion of my program and also lost weight (he is about 60 pounds overweight). It was such a huge help to have him along for the first week. 

Now, the weight loss- It was an amazing week! Ten pounds is huge but I want to keep it in perspective that my goal is 1% weight loss a week. I want to make sure that next week I am just as proud if I meet my goal of 1% as I am this week of losing ten pounds.