Thursday, November 20, 2008

GGGRRR!

As, I explained yesterday, my husband and I have had conflict over the last few days. TODAY WAS WORSE! GGRRR! I know he is having a hard time with his dad's sickness but I am over the cold and distant attitude I have been getting from him. I understand the need for room to be sad and grieve but I have to set limits with how much of that can rub off in my direction. 

I have been eating really balanced today and I feel pretty good about handling it. My therapist is pushing me to develop some emotional independence (you know, not letting my husband's bad mood ruin the entire day or week and being able to keep on nurturing myself in spite of it- OH, AND NOT BINGEING because he is being a bitch and I feel unloved). It is really about being my own individual and not letting other people (parents, husband, boss, whoever) dictate the level of love and respect I give myself. 

So, not letting his grumpy pants ruin my progress... I have had a good day. I have been avoiding the cabinet with healthy but tasty snacks because I feel like I might go too far with them today. Just trying to use anticipation as a tool; in the past I might have taken down a pound of chocolate and half of a pizza in response to husband turmoil...

PAT, PAT, PAT (GIVING MYSELF A PAT ON THE BACK!)!