I can't even really explain it. I know it has to do with my weight loss success over the past two months and I also am feeling a little more sanity in the food area. I have been making deliberate choices and weighing the consequences and rewards. I have also been celebrating other things besides weight loss, how many times I go to the gym in a week and what I am eating.
My celebrations include a more broad range of changing myself and I am looking forward to being more than food (I know I am already more than food but to feel like I am more than food). In therapy I have been working on establishing my moral and ethical boundaries and learning to act accordingly. I have also been able to become more aware of things that I would like to change about myself besides my body/eating/weight. It is refreshing to have goals that are outside (although always loosely tied to in some way) of food behaviors and health. The shifting focus is not about ignoring my recovery but broadening my horizons of becoming a whole person. I think the more I focus singularly on food behaviors and weight loss, the more I obsess and find myself getting crazy about it. I feel empowered that I can be more than morbidly obese and recovering from food issues!
I don't know. Did I explain it well enough? Can you relate? Do you find yourself sometimes so consumed by changing your food relationships, body and health, that you kind of forget about the rest?