Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today's Shoveling and Plans for Tonight.

So peaceful and beautiful... Want some? 

Today's activities included three hours of shoveling and cutting back snowbanks to move them and my first post- shoveling meltdown. We usually just have cold winters here with minimal snow. Last year we had a ton of snow over a couple of months and this year it came early and it just keeps coming. My meltdown was because the temperature warmed up to just above freezing which caused the snow to melt down a bit and become compact and heavier. It took all that I had to finish it and when it was done I was physically exhausted to the point of tears. My poor husband called a few minutes after I had peeled my wet, cold clothes off and crawled under a blanket- he had to listen to my delirious rant about mother nature and the unfairness of it all... 

Mother Nature (WTF?)?

My calorie estimate was between 1900 and 2100- so, that kind of makes up for it. 

It is now approaching 5:30 PM and I haven't eaten since breakfast. I was too sore, tired and dazed to eat this afternoon. I did drink about sixteen ounces of light cranberry juice to get my blood sugar and electrolytes back in balance about an hour after finishing my shoveling. I want to make sure that I don't go crazy with the grazing/snacking tonight when I do start to eat. If I have had a period where I haven't eaten in a while (more than five hours), when I do start eating again it hits a couple of triggers inside of me and I want to binge. Obviously, I am not actively bingeing in my life right now but I sometimes drag light snacking out over a period of four or five hours instead. Tonight I need to be VERY aware of what I am doing because it has been almost ten hours since I have eaten and it could trigger an avalanche. I would like to eat a decent dinner with protein and veggies and have a little snack around 10 PM. That is it. 

Anyway. I hope to write a more meaningful post in the next couple of days. The extreme physical activity drains my ability to sit and write those kinds of posts. I am trying to just get through this and post about how I am doing in the process... and of course read everyone else's adventures in weight loss land!