Thursday, January 8, 2009

CANCER SUCKS ASS! KAREN, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!

My mother (pictured above after her hair started growing back in) might be insane and abusive but it doesn't take away that she has survived breast cancer twice. The last time through, about two years ago, she had to have a mastectomy. She has survived and thrived but watching her go through treatment, loose her hair and struggle with her femininity has been an eye opening experience for me. I will lose my mother to breast cancer one day...

Cancer leaves a mark on everyone. I don't know someone who has not experienced it first hand or with a close family member. My father- in- law is currently losing his own battle with lung, liver and colon cancer. He also survived lung cancer once before and came out of it kicking and screaming and with 1/3 less of a lung. My husband is watching his dad slowly fade away...

I lost both of my grandmothers to breast cancer. 

I may face breast cancer one day. 

I wanted to tell you Karen that you are a FUCKINGAMAZINGWOMAN!  I am routing for you every step of the way. I have seen the devastation that cancer can cause in someone's life and especially with their body. YOU ARE A MUTHERFUCKINGFIGHTER and I have no doubt that you will continue on as a survivor. You are a sparkling, sexy, crazy woman and the life inside of you is strong. Although the people that support you online are not there with you physically EVERYONE IS HERE FOR YOU, WAITING TO GIVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND LOVE! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! YOU CAN FACE THIS WITH ALL OF YOUR FOLLOWERS ROUTING YOU ON!