I am working really hard on eating raw veggies. I love almost all steamed vegetables but when I go raw I get really picky. I don't have trouble with raw red cabbage and snap peas- that is about it though. Carrots are tasty until I have to swallow them (No joke, something stops working in my throat when it comes time to move to the next step after chewing)... Broccoli is hard for me to chew and celery is too watery when I bite into it. Now, I do a bit better with a dip included or in a salad but part of changing my eating is learning how to eat things without additives. I could go on and on about how each raw veggie disturbs some part of me but that may be a bit much. I just wanted to acknowledge that I am in a struggle with this right now.
Over the last month I have been paying attention to how much I cover up the real taste or texture of food. It doesn't apply to everything (for instance: I eat steamed veggies plain) but it is really dominate in some areas. I add a lot of salt to meats, poultry, fish and eggs (not against seasoning something just salting the shit out of it). I cover raw veggies up with dip or salad dressing (in a salad).
So, I am thinking that I want to start eating a cup of raw veggies a day for the next couple of months and see how that goes. I may never add more but I want to learn to be more comfortable with them and not want to gag or fear indigestion from them.
Kind of a light post but today was pretty inconsequential.
Oh. The things on the dogs' faces are called Gentle Leaders. They are great behavioral tools for dogs with issues or that get over excited. They originated as a tool to keep a dog from pulling on a walk but we use them with our two dogs in the house also. It keeps them from nipping at each other every minute of the day (all they want to do is nip and wrestle) and keeps them from exerting themselves because it only allows the mouth to open about a 1/4 of the way. Pit bulls are high energy to begin with and both are from shelters and came with behavioral issues. We exercise them at a full out run multiple times a day for not less than ninety minutes- that doesn't even touch the amount of energy they have. Lulu is two years old and Stewie is around seven months and they feed off each other.
P.S. Did you see how long that carrot was?