Thursday, January 1, 2009

Weight Loss Update.

SO! I had my little mini- goal and I did not meet it BUT I AM PRETTY EXCITED BECAUSE I LOST FIVE POUNDS THIS WEEK... It is like I psyched myself out... Work really hard for a really hard goal and don't make it BUT kick some serious ass in the process! I am thrilled at five pounds and celebrating losing over forty pounds total! 

I took a break from working out (gym or snow shoveling) to let my body heal. Everything was hurting yesterday morning! Before the mutherfucking snow dump happened I was working out three or four days a week. Things have changed for me and now I am interested in working out almost every day and doing strength training too. I had some hang- ups about doing weights but now that I have started the shoveling I want to continue to get stronger in my arms, back and stomach. I guess after all of the snow bitching I have to thank the snow for motivating me to work out more and get other parts of my body into shape that were not getting attention on the cardio machines. I also have started splitting my time between the elliptical and the rowing machine and I am able to do even more cardio... I am actually kind of excited for my new found desire to get strong along with my weight loss! 

Yesterday I went to the student disability center and talked to one of the counselors and got everything set up to have a desk and separate chair put in the classes I am taking. It was kind of terrible but at the same time a HUGE relief to get it taken care of and to know that I don't have to continue the anxiety over fitting into my classes. I still have the general anxiety over the public reaction to my weight (that is why I have a therapist, among other reasons) but little baby steps... I am going to make a goal around fitting into the single desk/chair units by maybe fall or winter quarter of the next school year. 

My husband has today and tomorrow off and I don't usually eat as well when he is off. I want to make sure I keep up the veggies and fruit and not falter in my resolve to eat and cook well just because he is off! We feed off of each other and I end up not cooking as much or ordering in food and that is not always the best option because it triggers me to associate his days off with eating bad. RESOLVE!

Have I thanked all of you guys for the fantastic, amazing, empowering support you have given me? It is like a big love festival and I love it! I hope I can return the encouragement to each one of you! It is awesome to spew out my anxieties and have people support me. Thank you so much. I feel like we have a little community- and it is growing!