Tuesday, March 17, 2009

For lunch... Lower Sodium choices...

I had a rather terrible evening of craving salty goodness... But I must say that in watching my sodium I don't have to worry about calories... or content... I am having a mexican stir fry for lunch that includes: 2 cups of green beans, two chopped hard boiled eggs, fresh cilantro, fresh garlic, salsa, and about a tsp of peanut oil (high heat for the WOK). The entire meal has about 300 mg of sodium and about 300 calories... I usually use cheese with mexican (even when losing weight), and have added salt to my eggs my entire life. Salsa is enough though; the tomatoes take away the bland saltless taste... As I eat and write this post I am noticing that while it doesn't appear to lack taste or salt, my body seems to be getting hungrier, and the salt craving is coming on full force. Pretty shitty stuff though- eating well already makes me hungry, take away some of the salt and I am like a bottomless pit. You better watch out!

Anyway. I am seeing the movement on the scale; although I usually stay away from daily weighing, I am watching the scale closely and weighing every morning. I want to know what is going on with my body while I am doing this. Since Saturday I have lost three pounds (a pound a day)- I have been eating a few less calories while cutting down my sodium, so I guess it is a combination of both. The misery involved in this period of withdrawal is not easy, and I would like to see the pay off. I am already close to 1,000 mg for the day, so I think that with dinner and another snack I should be around 1700. 

I finished my one of my classes today, and officially ended up with a 100% in it (English Comp). I am so overjoyed and motivated by this grade; I was also approached by the English department and offered a sponsorship to get into the Honors program if I transfer over to Eastern Washington- I am not planning on majoring in anything to do with writing, but they want to offer me $$ to be in the program... ?? We will see. Pretty flattering offer though (note: they don't know anything about my blog and would be mortified if they read how I wrote here! HHHHAAAHA!) and I am proud of myself. 

Oh and now I am fucking starving. JOY!