Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progress.

So! This is working for me. This lower sodium trial is working. It is not requiring anything extreme (except getting through the cravings at night)... and most of the focus seems to fall on my dinner because that is where I was hitting the salt the hardest. I have been having to literally change the motions of making dinner. I grill about 75% of our dinners during decent weather- it is a tasty option (less kitchen mess)... I automatically coat the meat in salt and spices, and so I have to stop myself from picking up the salt shaker and grinding that tasty substance all over. If I am going to add salt it is measured and calculated now. I was grilling my meats before adding them into the Asian dishes I was making and salting it before the grill and then adding soy and fish sauce, and other formulas with salt on top of it. Anyway. I have to be careful about being mindful that my hands don't reach for the salt before my mind catches on.

So. I am down to 311 lbs. It is coming off and now I am at my lowest weight ever. Finally I am down below 312 which I have been dancing around for weeks. Up, down, Up, Up... I am feeling a bit more in control of my weight loss again. Maybe even back on the motivation horse? We will see! I guess it is kind of weird to be back in the weight LOSS stage after a rather extended battle of gain and loss... I almost feel like I am in unfamiliar territory again- also kind of free of the burden of try to get back to where I was. It feels good.

I am having a bit of a lazy day today. I slept in, and then went to the shrink. I have a few errands to run... I am officially done with all of my classes except for two finals on Monday and Tuesday. I have to study, but it is not an overwhelming amount. I might pick it up later when I feel bored, or might wait until tomorrow-

So the supportive words have been helpful- some of you have been following along quite regularly through the last week of craziness. I hope that I can write in the near future about some things that are working for me (obviously the sodium is working, but the benefits with my weight will run out when my body gets to a normal fluid balance). I want to write about what is working, and what I am changing to see results.