Saturday, March 21, 2009

Holding it together...

The husband just left for a couple of days to see his parents. Again, as history tend to repeat itself... I have to be extra careful with what I am doing. I have binged, been a mess, and eaten terribly every time he has been to see them. I AM NOT GOING TO THIS TIME! I cried a bit last night (pre-visit insecurity)... I am a bit uneven right now, but I am very aware of how I am feeling, and the possibility of a problem. I guess that is what we are supposed to do... anticipate and change the behavior!

I have taken the dogs to the dog park for the last three days- there is only one in the eastern Washington/Northwester Idaho area- it is at least a 30 minute drive, depending on what time of day it is, and traffic. It sucks because it is the only one, and it is small. I think about 3 acres... and in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, it has been nice to spend a couple of hours every day outside. The two douche-dogs love it! Today there were 10 monster great danes there; the owner is a woman who rescues them from owners that didn't know what they were getting into. It was almost like a herd of ponies... ha! 

I will keep updating about my battle NOT TO BINGE while my husband is away.