When I set my daily caloric goal at 1800 last month (4/15) I was kind of nervous. It was a struggle for a while... like easy to keep to some days and really challenging others. It felt like I was pulling teeth to keep myself from going over. There was a point that I found that planning my day around MY needs for food/hunger/satiety, started to take some of the struggle away. Not any books, not any diet plan, not someone else's success, but how I need things done. Like for instance, I have a huge hunger issue at night that I need to moderate, but that I cannot ignore or push aside. I struggled for so long with hearing the bullshit... don't eat after 7PM, 8PM, 9PM... blah, blah. Then I would hear... eat four small meals, six smaller meals, three average meals, three meals with three snacks... another would be- eat more protein and you will feel fuller, eat more of this or that and you will feel this way...
I can tell you that the equation that is working for me is like no other I have ever read of, but it seems that settling into who I am, and what my needs are- I AM WHO I AM! AND DAMN IT I HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING ME!
Speaking of fighting... I am trying to ward off my pre-test (bio) headache that I seem to get every time the night before. Fun! I want to blog more than I can these days... I am SO overwhelmed with the amount of information that I have to learn, retain, and spit back out.
Okay. Bye.