Friday, June 26, 2009

Dead cat trauma.

Ugh. I had a terrible day. We had to put one of our cats down today. It was really hard because the vet gave me a rash of shit for wanting to put the cat to sleep. We made the decision to euthanize the cat, it had brain damage from a three story fall three years ago... it never was the same, and recently it had gotten really destructive with pissing EVERYWHERE. It also had many health issues... anyway. We chose to take it in, and in the process the vet just dug into me. I understand that they have to question some of it, but she wanted me to try putting it on anti-psychotics and some other behavioral medications. Anyway. It really doesn't matter- it is always a tough choice, but it is personal!

So. I had to take it by myself because the husband was at work. We decided to bring it home to bury it- after the vet grilled me- they took the cat back and she made me leave and go sit out in the waiting room with a lobby full of screaming children. The kids got up in my business and started asking me questions about where my dog was, where my cat was, what I was doing, why I was crying... in the process of waiting for my cat's body I had to deal with all kinds of crap. They brought the carrier out and shoved it on me and walked away quickly... "here is the cat"... there was a lump wrapped in the towel that was in the carrier. I couldn't say anything because of all of the kids and because the lady almost ran off. To make a long story short- they gave the cat the blue juice and threw it into the carrier and half-assed attempted to cover it- I didn't find this out until I got home and opened the carrier door and my dead cat's head flopped out. I almost threw up. WHY THE FUCK WERE THEY SO CARELESS? It was like they punished me for making the choice. They didn't put the body in anything, just LITERALLY shoved the cat back in the cage. I won't go into anymore detail then that, but it was terrible to get it out of the carrier, and to deal with the body that was handled so carelessly.

Anyway. After sobbing outside for about a 1/2 hour because my dead cat's head flopped out of the carrier and was just THERE- I took care of the situation. Took a nap. Washed my clothes. Ate a snack, or two. I am sitting on my bed right now, and trying remember why I don't binge anymore because this is one of those times. I am trying really hard NOT TO. There is my day.