Thursday, July 30, 2009

64 to 47...

That is what has happened to my waist... I have lost seventeen inches off it since September of last year. That makes me really really really happy. My gut is one of the issues that is most challenging for me to accept, and make peace with. I have been working diligently on my body image issues, but I must say that it is easier to make peace with a 47 inches of waist than 64.

It has been encouraging to see my measurements dropping still, in spite of the slower weight loss I have seen in the two months. Even though I believe I can do better with the numbers on the scale... it is hard to be too picky when my body is still shrinking (in a different way).

As far as my scale numbers go... once I hit my 100 pounds lost mark... I will kind of have exactly another 100 to go... I say kind of because I am focused primarily on getting to 200 pounds, and then deciding where my goal is. I blew past the 200 mark in about a year when I quit swimming at fifteen, and ended up gaining about sixty pounds. It doesn't take long for a body to rebel when it goes from five to six hours of exercise a day- to none. I basically don't know what my needs as an adult, and where maintenance will be. I have a lot of pounds to go before I make that decision though.

That paragraph was "big" goal thinking... I do have a short term goal that I am working on, which is to weigh 264 pounds by September 22nd. I usually don't put dates on my weight, but I felt like this was reasonable when I made it last month. That is a little over two pounds a week for the next seven weeks- more than I have been losing in the last two months, but not unrealistic. About a 8500-9000 calorie deficit every week (1200-1300/daily). It will put me at 100 pounds lost for my first year of weight loss.

Alright. Off to school now!