Monday, July 6, 2009

Bouts of exhaustion.

After a rather intense hour of therapy today, I found myself almost unable to function when I got home. I had lofty goals of going to the gym, but I felt like I needed to give myself time to "nap" (if you remember, or not, I don't really have the ability to nap because I have Narcolepsy, and the medicine to keep me awake during the day prevents real naps). I have been avoiding my usual afternoon relaxation time, where I usually close my eyes for a while and snuggle with the cats. I was glad that I did. The stress of dealing with the challenges with the husband cycles, and my tolerance sometimes reaches a collapse point. Obviously I feel as if being tired after therapy is a good thing, like a success!

The afternoon gave me a chance to chill out, and let my thoughts go. I write myself little notes sometimes, whether encouragement or reminders... today's were-

"Eating because I feel lonely will not make the feeling go away."

"I will not eat over how (the husband) is making me feel. I will eat to nourish my body, and not my emotions."

It actually works for me. I have most of the past ones hidden away because they are just for me, but I thought I would share today's thoughts with you guys. Writing myself notes has really helped me when my feelings are overwhelming and I am feeling self-destructive. I make sure that they are empowering, settling, resolved, loving, and truthful- oh, and gentle.

Anyway. I hope you guys out there are being kind and gentle with yourselves today... I know I have to practice this every day.