Sunday, July 12, 2009

Major victory, Major chubfuckingrub...

In the last two weeks, I accomplished some things in the gym (and on the pavement) that I have been patiently waiting to do for some time. I FUCKING RAN (actually it is referred to as slogging, slow-jogging), but I did it. Done. Goal achieved. About two weeks ago I noticed that I was able to walk on the treadmill without gripping the railing... and then I saw a fellow-fattie running on the treadmill... and I just fucking did it!! I started with little intervals, but I finished a fifty minute slog/walk today and did six two-minute intervals... two at 4.5, two at 4.7, one at 4.9, and one at 5.0... with various hills of walking in between. I am so proud of myself. It feels like freedom to run. I have ran a bit when walking with the dogs too, but I cannot time it because I have my hands full controlling them.

I would not recommend running as a major portion of exercise for anyone my size, so like I said I am am slowly building. I LOVE IT BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO IT FOR SO LONG. It feels like freedom, and it feels like progress. I now really know how far I have come with my fitness!

With this new movement though, the chub rub has set in... and that is all of the description I am going to get into about THAT (you can thank me later). I figured I would give you guys a break after the ripping blisters visuals I gave you yesterday.

I haven't really talked about it because I wanted to make sure that I could keep it up- that my hips and knees were not going to just fall apart. After two weeks I think it will be okay as long as I keep a moderate cap on the time I spend running. It is kind of exciting me to keep up the food fight so I can run more in the future as I lose more weight, and take more pressure off my joints. Yeah!! Good stuff!