The weekend is not going to be one of those thrilling, memorable kinds... The husband is working today and tomorrow, and we generally avoid crowds during drunken holidays anyway. What I HATE HATE about the 4th of July is the late-night, neighborhood ass-hats, who keep me up until the wee hours of the morning with enthusiastic bursts of backyard, shitty fireworks. The kind that make clusters of ear-splitting noises that aggravate dogs. Maybe we should both get plastered so we pass out before the shenanigans start? Ha.
So I assumed that my math class this summer would not be too intense, and I would need to put in about the same amount of work that I did last quarter (in math). Not so much! I am at two hours today so far, and I have been stuck on ONE problem for about 45 minutes. I have soso much more to go. I am glad I just decided to take this one class by itself this quarter...
Oh, the "hot breath" title for this post is not about some extremely enjoyable sexy-time, by the way. It is about the hot, nasty weather we are having. Now I have lived in Florida (8 years), the southern California desert, and some other hot places, but the extremes of HOT and COLD that we experience here in Spokane makes each condition worse than it actually is. Just a few short months ago I was shoveling snow for a couple of hours, daily, and now I am about to sweat myself into dehydration. I just had to rant and bitch a little bit!! I know some of you live in places that get well above a hundred degrees for the entire summer, so I stopped myself before the eye rolling of those readers got out of hand.
The last couple of days have been great with my calorie count... I have kind of figured out that if I eat continuously throughout the day, I am not having such issues at night. I was not eating from about 10am-4pm during the last school quarter, which left me OVER-hungry at night. I do not subscribe to any particular school of thought for how many times of day you should eat, but it seems that if I don't get raging hungry towards dinner time that my eating after 8pm is reasonable, and quite a bit less. Yesterday I was really busy, and did not eat from 10am- 630pm... yeah- ended up eating 2800 calories for the day, 1800 of which were after 630pm. So lesson learned!! It was just kind of what I was going through with my classes and not eating... I would come home and be super hungry and end up eating more than I planned. Not like last night, but similar in that I would eat about 1300 calories because I only had about 500 in me from breakfast.
Constant vigilance. That is what my weight loss seems to depend on- things are always changing as my life situations, daily routines, and habits fluctuate. There is no ONE answer for me!! It kind of makes for an ADHD kind of food/exercise plan, but I guess it keeps it interesting??
Have a wonderful day everyone!!