The light hit my eyes around 9AM this morning, and as I rolled out of bed I glanced at my shins... bruised and bruised. All shades, red, purple, green and yellow! I sat on the edge of the bed rubbing my eyes wondering how I was going to muster the energy to bruise myself further for another eight or ten hours. Shit, I would love to get back to the gym, and maybe catch up on some phone calls to some friends. Oh- and sleep for another hour.
And then it hit me- this FUCKINGSHITHOLE of a duplex is not going to be worked on until I AM FUCKING WORKED ON. My whole body has been neglected, whether abused from long hours, or lack of visits to the gym. I hadn't stretched in almost two weeks, and my back was like a tight roll of razor wire. So from that moment I decided that I will put hours into this CLUSTERFUCK ONLY when I am done taking care of myself first. Everything has been put on hold, and I feel like control over my body has slipped through my fingers.
In my new frame of mind... today looked like this:
*slept in until 10AM
*baked a squash for my post-gym meal
*spent two hours at the gym (hour of cardio and an hour of strength training and stretching)
*caught up with a dear friend on the phone
*took a LLLOOOONNNGGG, hot shower
*worked three hours on the duplex, and quit when I felt tired
*cooked an amazing dinner
*relaxed
Anyway. In seventeen days schools starts, and I will be done with this project. I am really looking forward to it. If I continue with my new resolve to take care of myself before working on the renovations I think my weight loss will pick up again! So I will weigh again a few days before school starts...
Alright. Goodnight.