But it is what is going on with me...
The IUD happened on Thursday- I went off of the hormonal birth control on Tuesday of last week. I have been on it continuously for five years. I have also skipped my periods for five years (five glorious years of freedom), but that means that I have not had a day "synthetic hormone free" for five years. Friday night the craziness hit me HARD. Like PMS/PMDD mania-tenfold. I started crying, and crying, and eating, and crying, and eating. I would make it until about 2pm, and then freak out. FUCKING LUNATIC STYLE. I remember when I was a teenager having PMS and hormonal fluctuations like these, but this has been worse, I think.
There are some hints of information about hormonal birth control "withdrawal" here and there... nothing established... plenty to read about personal experiences. I seemed to even out a bit today with only a two hour period of feeling crazy. It is not something I am going to rush to the doctor about, well because I am not about to go back on to avoid this phase. I am assuming that it is good for me to go face this, and get back to something normal hormonally??
I dunno... what I do know is that I am feeling gross from too much salt, too much sugar, and whatever else is going on with my hormones. I have an important appointment with my narcolepsy doctor on Wednesday- why I went on the IUD is because I am having trouble with the Adderall (amphetamines) used to treat my daytime sleep attacks, and I would like to try the newer non-amphetamine stimulants (Modafinil). Some people respond better to those... anyway. They reduce the effectiveness of hormonal birth control, and WE CANNOT BE HAVING BABIES (EVER THANKS).
SO. Attempting to come out of my full on snackattackbinge-ishgraze from this weekend, and control some of the crazieness. It might correct itself, but as most of us know... once you turn to crackcrap food it tends to be easier to keep going back.