Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dear Weekend Goals (weight loss update)...

Dearest Weekend Goals,
I should be ashamed of myself for thinking twice about getting you done!! It is just when I weighed in today I thought that I might NOT DO ANY OF THEM AS A REWARD FOR LOSING THREE POUNDS!!

FUCK ME!! How many times have I had the desire to reward myself with food (or not exercising, or not doing shit), for losing weight. I have lost three pounds since my last weigh in on October 1st, and I temporarily gave myself a break from my goals for the weekend, and permission to eat a large portion of my husband's birthday cake. Yeah, thankfully I caught myself before the birthday cake started disappearing. In penance (this is for you dearest goals) I am eating a gigantic bowl of steamed broccoli with some turkey chili on the side (beans and broccoli= see last goal from yesterday's post).

That kind of thing is no good. The reward-the-weight-loss-with-opposite-progress. I cannot afford that kind of stuff because I don't get to workout very much these days, and my calorie deficits are low. Sitting on my ass all day in a windowless lab is NOT doing it for the cardio. I DO sprint/walk with my child-sized backpack around campus, but that is NOT like hitting the gym for 1+ hours.

So here is my reminder... NO OPPOSITE-PROGRESS REWARDS!!

Okay, my broccoli & beans are done, and it is time to hit the books!!