Mexican Salad
Red Lettuce or Fresh Spinach
1-2 cups of sliced, raw, red cabbage (not everyone can eat two cups of this without issues the next day... may I suggest starting small with raw cabbage and working it in over time?).
1/3 cup of diced orange peppers
diced red onions (to taste, not everyone likes a huge amount- I use about 1/8 of a cup)
diced green onions (to taste- I use about 1/4 cup)
fresh chopped cilantro (the more, the better)
1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 sliced plum tomatoes
1/2 of diced cucumbers
4 oz grilled, seasoned chicken
1/4 cup salsa mixed with TASTY DIP (see Dec 10th post for recipe- mixed with salsa it becomes more like salad dressing and less like a dip...mmmmm... so good...)
1/8 cup of crushed corn tortilla chips
Anyway. I just wanted to share an idea.
I am feeling pretty yuck today. I have had a headache all day and we are snowed in. It started snowing heavily this morning and just let up an hour ago (it is 8:20 PM)- there is more on the way too. The weather this week has kicked my ass and halted my exercise because of the reaction my asthma and allergies have had to the super- cold weather. I am usually really healthy and have not had a problem like this with my asthma in years and I was not prepared emotionally to deal with this in a moderate and balanced way.
I am pretty sure I have gained some weight. I will find out tomorrow. With no exercise and a binge blow out and an increase in my daily calories I am looking at some consequences. I wanted to post it ahead of time so it wouldn't be a secret and I would have the courage to post tomorrow if I have gained weight.
I did want to give myself a bit of a pat on the back. I had a comment the other day from Chews to Lose that made me realize I need to make sure that I acknowledge that I have made amazing progress and that mistakes and challenges are just part of the process. I am thankful for that comment and it gave me a bit of perspective. During tough times it is easy to forget the great things and progress and steps already made in the right direction.